Xian + Chengdu 4N5D Panda Tour
Tour Type：Private/ Small Group
Looking for a snapshot of two iconic cities? You’ll experience it on this lively tour of Xian and Chengdu. While in Xian, spend time at the Terracotta Army and marvel at this artistic and architectural feat, which showcases Chinese planning and ingenuity. Wonder at other Xian highlights – the best preserved of all China’s City Walls, the Great Mosque and he history to be found in relics, art, and weaponry housed at the Shaanxi History Museum. Eat your way down Muslim Street where you’ll enjoy the very best of the melting pot of cuisines from the region. From Xian, travel by bullet train to Chengdu. It’s here you’ll discover the pleasure of being panda volunteer at the Dujiangyan Panda Base. Work as a panda keeper for the day, taking care of these gorgeous creatures. Clean, feed, and make friends for life during this truly special experience.
- Admission fees: to sightseeing spots and activities specified.
- Activities specified in the itinerary.
- Cable car ride at Mutianyu Great Wall.
- Excellent professional English-speaking guide.
- Ground transport in an air-conditioned vehicle with licensed driver as specified.
- Accommodation: 4-Star or 5-Star hotel with breakfast based on double/twin occupancy as specified.
- Travel agency liability insurance during the tour.
- Government taxes and fees.
- International/domestic flights and trains to/from Beijing.
- China visa.
- Gratuities to guides & drivers and any expense of personal nature.
- Boat trip at the Summer Palace.
- Meals: lunches and dinner are excluded allowing you flexibility around meal choices. Your guide will make recommendations and order for you, if required.
- Our tour package does not include Travel Insurance. Please purchase the Travel Insurance before your trip to protect for any unforeseen circumstance.
Tour specific important information – FOR PRIVATE TOUR
- This is a private tour for your group of family or friends. No other travelers will join you. It’s always available for your schedule.
- Smart casual dress and comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Prices based on twin occupancy.
- The prices shown above are not valid during China’s Official Holidays (such as National Day and Chinese Spring Festival etc.).
Day 1- Arrive in Xian
Your guide will meet you at the airport or train station on your arrival in Xian. On the way to your pre-booked four or five star inner city hotel, your guide will point out the highlights and history of Xian. Spend the rest of the day exploring this ancient capital city.
Meals included: None
Day 2 - Xian
Few sights in China can match the magnitude and awe of the the world-renowned Terracotta Army. This first day of touring is the opportunity to take it all in. Considered by historians worldwide to be the largest underground military base in the world, the Terracotta Army defies belief with the thousands of unique life-sized figures, including soldiers, horses, carts and weapons. On return to Xian, enjoy a change of pace as you explore the ancient City Wall, currently the largest and best-preserved wall of its type in China. Enclosing China’s former capital city and almost 14 kilometres long, do a full circuit on a bike (tandems available!) or simply explore on foot. Spend the afternoon in contemplation at Xian’s Great Mosque. Beautiful gardens and a stunning complex of buildings built mid seventh century, the Great Mosque is the oldest and largest Islamic mosque in China. Follow your nose to Muslim Street, which is bustling with authentic eateries and souvenirs. Ask your guide for their favouriate foodie recommendations before the final destination of the day, the famous Bell Tower and Drum Tower Square. You will be returned to your hotel to relax and reflect on the day’s activities.
Meals included: Breakfast
Day 3 - Xian - Chengdu
After breakfast and check out from your hotel, it’s time to explore the Shaanxi History Museum. Discover – and perhaps feel a little mesmerized – at the 370,000 plus relics which chronicle China’s ancient history. Explore Big Wild Goose Pagoda, one of two iconic Buddhist pagodas in Xian. Depending on timing, the may be an opportunity to enter the top of the pagoda and cast your gaze out over Xian’s 1,400 years of history. Follow the view with a meditative walk through the temple and gardens. As the afternoon commences, you’ll be driven to the railway station to board the bullet train to Chengdu. On arrival in Chengdu, your friendly local guide will meet and transfer you to your hotel. Expect to receive a mini guided tour of Chengdu en route.
Meals included: Breakfast
Note: Your tour guide may alter your itinerary as the Shaanxi History Museum is closed Mondays.
Day 4 - Chengdu
Get ready to channel your inner Kung Fu panda today as you gear up to work as a panda volunteer at the Dujiangyan Panda Base. Enjoy a genuine panda keeper experience as you clean the indoor and outdoor enclosures, prepare food and feed the pandas. You’ll have the opportunity to connect directly with the local panda keepers who will supervise your activities, with translation support provided by your guide. Looking for more than photographic memories of the day? No problem. Our volunteer panda keepers receive a certificate as a memento from this very special day. Savour the experience when you return to your hotel in Chengdu.
Meals included: Breakfast
- Panda Keeper Program has an age restriction from between 5 years to 80 years. For children under five years who are accompanied by an adult can take the standard panda tour in panda base, but due to restrictions they are not able to be a panda volunteer.
- As a maximum of 30 keepers are allowed each day, it is advisable that you book the program at least two weeks before departure. You will appreciate that sometimes adjustments may be made to the program due to pandas’ health condition. Accurate information about the program will be provided to you by our travel as soon as we are advised.
- Each volunteer panda keep applicant must provide a Physical Examination Record prior to commencement of the day’s activities.
- Panda volunteers are strongly advised to be guided by their supervisors and should approach the animals with extreme caution and only under supervision. Though pandas look gentle, they are animals and their behaviour can be unpredictable.
- Panda keepers are not allowed to clean enclosures for panda mothers and babies but can help supervisors.
Day 5 – Depart from Chengdu
After hotel check out, the final day of your snapshot tour will enjoying some leisure time in Wangjiang Pavilion Park. Wander among the rare bamboo groves and drink fragrant teas. Make your way to famous Jinli Street, a picturesque precinct of unique regional street food and artisans. Discover the appeal that draws locals here – food, authentic crafts, and street artists abound. Eat your fill of traditional food snacks and pick out a memento or two by which to remember your time in Chengdu. Sit back and relax on your return drive to the airport or train station in preparation for depature home or your next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
Note: We love helping our customers make the most of their available travel time. Need helping planning your next destination? We can help. With a network that spans across China, we can take care of every detail and arrange your departure train or flight from Chengdu – or anywhere else while you’re in China. (A surcharge will apply).
Prices Start From
- 1-1 consultancy from an experienced travel expert
- Private air-conditioned business car with big windows and ample space
- English speaking local guide
- Activities, hotels, and meals listed in the itinerary
- 24/7 helpline for while you are traveling